Sunday, December 03, 2006

Dec 3

This weekend was wonderful, full of rest and much needed relaxation. But now reality has settled in and I am starting to feel the stress. I have the week all mapped out, but will ignore any incoming calls (except family, naturally). Please forward all mail to the university’s library.

However, I have just realized that I am over 200 yards short of the yarn I need to complete Dad’s Christmas gift. I could just cry. It might even be worth the migraine that the crying will trigger. Now the real question is: mittens, hat, or scarf? Because that is all I have time for. The Maternal Grandmother pointed out that I have a great start on next year’s gifts. That statement would really sound great next week sometime, but not right now.
I am unsure who is happier that I’m home: Puppy or the Maternal Grandmother. Though one of the Twins’ friends told me she missed me. Glad I picked up a little something for her and her little sister; because she just made me smile. The Younger Twin gave me lots of kisses when I walked in; the Older Twin just ignored me after ‘Hello.’

How many trees did I help put up this year? Not even a full 1. Somehow I missed most of it, either I was chasing after the Twins while Mom was setting hers up or I walked in too late to help. It was not intentional, it just happened that way. Oh well. I know it won’t happen again and that I will take part in the taking them down.

The December wedding sent me an invitation this weekend. Without an RSVP card. I asked the Bride’s Mom if showing up was an option. She told me no. The lack of the RSVP card was due to her knowing I was showing up in a dress that is not black. Yes Bride’s Mom.