Sunday, December 17, 2006

Dec 17

My guest has left, so I will not be rude to spend more time talking about yesterday at the yarn store. We played musical knitting projects. Girl A who has been knitting a stocking for her sister for the past 3 weeks gave her project to Girl B who works there. Girl B gave the scarf she was working on to Girl A. Then my friend, Girl C was handed the scarf to see how well she worked with the larger needle size (35). I picked up the stocking while Girl B checked people out at the resister. About that time, another employee took over Girl D’s scarf that had to be done within an hour. I gave Girl A her stocking back because the needles were hurting my hands. She was working on circular needles that were 24 inches long and she really needed them to be 16 inches long. I picked up Girl B’s scarf to try out the needles but was not too impressed by them so I only worked a row. Ten minutes later she buys a pair that length and when we left, Girl B had the stocking again. It was really fun to pass all the projects around. No one wanted the socks I was working on, so not a whole lot of progress was made on them. However, the hat I started last night is nearly done.

My friend gave me a box of Earle Gray for Christmas and Jane Austen’s Guide to Dating for Christmas. It is a cute book and is probably someone dissertation in a novel format.

I am about to screen, March of the Penguins to see if the Younger Twin will like it.