Monday, December 11, 2006

Dec 11

Since Friday:

  • An Extended Family Grandmother (Hey Sis, it’s Mimi) managed to flip her car. She broke her wrist and cracked a thigh bone. The photo landed on the front page in the paper tonight and how she walk away from it is a wonder.
  • I finished 3 washcloths, including the one on Friday, and a scarf. I did not block the Purple Spider Web but I did find some scarves I stashed back. And as of December 20th, I am stopping all Christmas Knitting. If someone did not get a knitted gift, they can wait until January. Mom is actually surprised it has taken me until now to declare I am tried of knitting for Christmas—she was expecting it a fortnight ago.
  • Went to church 3 times yesterday. The middle one was at the StepPaternal Grandmother’s new church. They had a service on carols and the scriptures that went with them. She had a solo that went over well.
  • The Twins’ art lessons ended with a ‘gallery opening.’ It was not half-bad, better than some of the modern stuff I’ve seen in museums.
  • Saturday night, I watched Tristan and Isolde, the recent movie. Romeo and Juliet have nothing on these two. It is so much better than R&J. I love it.
  • The Maternal Grandfather and I watched Celtic Women on PBS. Wow. Oh, look it is on again. Later!