Saturday, October 21, 2006

Birthday Weekend

I helped Mom go through her Christmas closet to see what she has. Then we picked the Twins up from art lessons and had a picnic at a park with the Crew (their best friends, all total there are 6 girls and one little brother that numbers with the Crew 50% of the time). After the picnic, I helped the Maternal Grandparents with some yard work. Between that time and the fund-raising spaghetti dinner, I slipped in some knitting and two walks with Puppy.

Not bad for a Saturday.

I’m trying hard to put an order of yarn together by tomorrow, if only so I have a chance to use my new yarn tool: one of those umbrella swift machines. [It holds the yarn and spins it so you can ball up yarn from a hank without getting the yarn twisted.] The Maternal Grandfather and StepPaternal Grandmother went in together and bought me one as a birthday present.

And how was last night’s dinner? Let’s just say “thank you God for steak.” In addition to the umbrella swift machine; I have a new Celtic cross charm, a journal, and some money. The Maternal Grandfather liked his coffee and my Stepdad enjoyed his six pack. Of course, they got more stuff like DVDs and coffee mugs. Everyone enjoyed themselves very much and we’re looking forward to next year.