Wednesday, January 30, 2008

the good and the bad

thankfully, there is no ugly.

There is, however, another irritating person in my Shakespeare class. The last 10 mintues or so of class, I spent 'angry knitting.' The five other girls who could see what I was doing were shaking with an empathic laughter. I say empathic because one or two of them were seriously eyeballing a golf club someone left in the room. Oddly enough, that person was sitting right beside this new person. Everyone was in a hurry to get out of that room. And not because it was ho and stuffy, which it was. A horrid thought: who will be paired with this new person for group presentations? Not me. I have sharp, pointy sticks.

In better news, I can spin. Somewhat. Think two seperate motions instead of one fluid one paired with uneven yarn and that is me. On the plus side, I bought some roving from BlueGooseGlen earlier this week and it came in today. I swear that I ordered it late Monday and it was in the mailbox today. I found them on Ebay while doing a search for roving within 200 miles of Memphis and their name popped up. Let me tell you, this stuff is gorgeous. And sooooooo soft. From what I have seen just window shopping on Etsy, Blue Goose Glen is priced reasonable. Here are some pictures of the roving. As well as the progress I've made on the Viola Waistcoat/Vest for Mom.