Sunday, January 06, 2008

the star

today is Epiphany Day. It's the last day of Christmas and is suppose to represent the day the Wise Men saw the Christ child.

I thought I would be reading that Shakespeare play today, but the only piece of Literature I've thought to read is James Joyce's "The Dead," a short story found in his book The Dubliners. I suppose it is not all that strange, considering the low feelings I've had all weekend.

The new preacher wasn't all that bad today. He actually wore a jacket at the pulpit, don't know why he bothered, last week he did not. The sermon was about when Christ threw the merchants out of the temple, and how the church needs to be a house of prayer and praise. My family was closer to the front than we are most of the time, but the preacher did not see (or comment) on my knitting during services. I realized during evening services that I almost wanted him to say something about it. Certainly the former youth minister who preached tonight had some things to say about it without coming out and saying them. I hate that the most about him. He has a hard time accepting different forms of prayer. And most of the time that is what my knitting is, a prayer.

In this light, the Elder Twin's cardigan/jacket is over 20 hours of prayers. Let this keep her warm, show her how much she is loved... I think God understands it. If he did not, I think knitting in general would feel different to me. True, I am beginning to lean on a more Buddhist form of Christianity, starting a year or so back. The core beliefs are so similar...I really like the quietness of the mind and soul quality. Still working on it, yet there is peace. And prayers.