Tuesday, February 05, 2008

when does the carousel stop?

because I would really like to get off now.

Three of the last 4 school days, I have been substitute teaching in the special needs, non-verbal class. Talk about emotionally exhausted, next up morally bankrupt (season 4 of MASH joke, in case you missed it).

My Sister's First Generation American boyfriend has been in town all weekend. The two of them went to see our Paternal Grandmother yesterday and got back sometime today. However, on Super Bowl day, family dinner was awkward. It's not like we hate the guy, we just do not know him and know little about him and not sure where the relationship stands, so what do we talk about? I gracefully went to Stash and blew off the afternoon (not really, it was more of a push out the door by the Maternal Grandmother but this way sounds better).

Now the Younger Twin has the flu, no surprise there based on how she's acted lately. The funky weather has the Elder Twin's knee acting up and not in a good way. Cannot say I am faring any better, but no flu.

In some good news, I have a desk in my study room and a very rough draft of Chapter 1 of 3.