Tuesday, January 15, 2008

we now continue with our regular programing

I am home. That word sounds so good. The vacation was great, do not misunderstand. It was just a day and night too long. And boy am I sleepy.

Thankfully, there was some miscommunication at the local public school today. Matriarch KS wanted me to sub for her in her special needs room but the office asked someone else to do it. Hence, I bowed out and came to Mom's to work on thesis. Right now, I really need to work on my thesis. Obviously I'm not. Brain is still out. And I have next to no clue what wavelength I was on, making it harder to tune back in.

I learned a valuable lesson in all of this: never take knitting on a family vacation with little 6 year old sisters when you leave your pattern books at home. I frogged a mitten twice. Thankfully, I also brought a pair of socks to work on (I am on the foot part so no pattern book was needed). But with all the running around, and holding/watching sisters while standing in line did not leave much knitting time. Still, lesson learned.