Saturday, January 06, 2007

Jan 6

Yea, the birthday party is over. The Twins received many books and only a few toys. Everyone seemed to like the Library Party, especially making their own books. And we only got loud once, which really was not all that horrible. Sadly, the kids do not have much experience with musical chairs. The good part was the attempt was hilarious, from the one kid who never left his chair to the kids who rejoined the game after being eliminated. Like anyone cared.

My throat is doing much better, but I am still tired. Though that could be from the party, shopping for hair bows, and sitting beside the Younger Twin during lunch.

The Preacher’s Daughter is getting married this spring with a budget of only $1,000. With such a small amount, much of the food will be done by family and the ladies at church. Mom volunteered me to take informal pictured during the reception, which I would have probably done in the next few days anyways.

How is it that my blue cobweb shawl has been put aside? Oh, yeah; family birthdays next month. Thankfully, I started and finished a hat yesterday for the charity ball at the end of the month. Now, do I want to make mittens to go with them? Hmmm. Creative Knitting had a knitting knowledge quiz in their recent e-newsletter. I only missed 2 of the 12 questions. Now I feel like the knitting dork that I am.

My Shuffle now has Helmut Lotti’s Red Album and Celtic Women’s first CD. StepSister number 2 does not understand how I can listen to music if I do not understand what they are saying. Some things need no translating.