Monday, January 22, 2007

Jan 22

I am quite pleased with myself. While getting blood drawn for blood work, I only cried a little and that was towards the end of it. A second nurse had to be called in to find a vein and even she had trouble finding one that worked. Afterwards, I knit for 90 minutes and went to class. For future reference, parking in the lot across the street is wonderful. I did not have to wait for a train before crossing the track nor did I have to wait for traffic to lighten up to cross the street.

As for my Research Methods of Writing class…it was the first class I have ever sat through and knew it is not the class I need to be in. This is coming from someone who took Art History, Rhetoric Theories of Cross-Culture Communication, History and Structure of the English Language, and Golf just for the heck of it. And I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Only one of them was required. Granted, I have left classes wondering what I was thinking when I signed up for the class and there have been times when I did not know what my name was (out of shear confusion). But I knew I was in the right class. I always knew I was enjoying myself. Not tonight. I plan on talking to the prof on Thursday during his office hours.

Thus far in my University career, I have never dropped out of a class. (Not even French.) In truth, the only class I have ever dropped out of was AP English and that was because I did not think I could sat through another year with that teacher. I picked up Honors English and learned a great deal about writing, literature, and dealing with picky expectations. And yes, I loved every second of it.