Thursday, January 04, 2007

Jan 4

Yesterday’s shopping trip with the Maternal Grandmother was fun; we both found what we were looking for. Cleaning out the utility room after going shopping was not fun. However, she claims the room looks better and that is all that matters in the end.

I spent the day with Mom. The goal was to get a new cell phone number and see the family medical person(s). I have serious issues about needles, and it helps if someone is there to restrain me, so I usually only see a medical person when it is possible for another family member to come with me. Turns out, I have strep throat. They gave me a shot (no surprise there) and sent me home.

But why is it, that after knitting nearly consistently all day the project has only grown maybe one inch? This happens even when I am not sick, but bothers me more when I am. And somehow I have been volunteered to knit something for a charity ball at the end of the month. For about a week, the only project I thought I needed to knit were for the three family birthdays in February—three pairs of felted house shoes. I am well over half finished with Dad’s and was happy that they knit up so fast. I thought that getting so far ahead of the deadlines was a good omen for the new year. Getting finished with February birthday gifts in January meant that Christmas would be done by September. But if it was not the charity ball it would be something else, and they do not care if I just throw a pair of mittens together instead of a sweater.