Tuesday, February 19, 2008

no more pain pills for the cat

Cable was "fixed" today. Kinda short notice/last minute but she pulled through like the survivor she is. In fact, we felt so bad for her (and her obvious pain) that I gave her one of the pain pills the vet gave her.

I took advantage of the poor thing and got out my drop spindle. (Let me just say right now: I love spinning, I am just not very good at it. Yet.) Well, pretty soon Cable was watching me. Then, when more of the meds kicked in, she started attacking my roving. I should add that this roving is in individual baggies inside a zipped, clear bag. She then began to attack the knitting I had in my purse.

I vote, we not give out the pain pills.

But here is the very lumpy ball of yarn that I spun. It's a single ply, meaning I am a lazy person and I feared for the life of my creation. Yes, it is the work of a person spinning for the first time. And I will knit it up into a scarf for myself. It will drape on some chair, its sole purpose of existence will be the proof that I did it. Think of the first scarf you ever knitted, and how proud you were when you wore it. Then you got better at this whole knitting thing, and before you knew it, the scarf served only to remind you where you started. That is this ball's mission in life.