Sunday, December 16, 2007

whoa

I unplugged this weekend (minus a few occasions) for my holiday break. Tomorrow I go back to research and stuff.


Thursday's thing was cool. One of the perks of grad school: having drinks with profs. So out of the four of us (prof included) I was the only non-drinker, non-smoker. We went to Cafe Society off Popular and had a great time. Bad part was that now my thesis adviser knows my "voice." Meaning: no cheating (as if I have ever done that). I highly doubt there is another soul on this planet that has my subject. Jupiter might have somebody, but I don't think so.

I had a small Christmas this weekend with the Paternal Grandmother. PotC 3 and a dozen handkerchiefs. I was going to buy my own, but she would not let me. How great is it that I now have enough handkerchiefs to last two weeks without doing laundry? Now to find someone to embroider my new one.

Lastly, the StepPaternal Grandmother's "confused dog" (read: goat) passed away this afternoon. I just got in from the funeral. The Younger Twin cried but the Elder didn't understand what it all meant. The man in charge of Animal Control was already at the place (we had already had an open house which he attended) and read Psalm 23. StepDad had a hole digger and 'dirt-putter-backer.' The Mayor was there, as were several other friends and family members. All in all, I say the Twins' first funeral went pretty well.