Tuesday, December 18, 2007

insert title here

I made 3 A-'s this past semester. This has to be the best GPA I've had since the third grade.

Currently, I am reading J.M.Barrie's My Lady Nicotine (published 1890, but my copy isn't that old). Nothing whatsoever to do with thesis research, but it is a delight to read. I love the persona Barrie created for this piece, so pompously Imperial yet the narrator cannot see himself as the hypocrite Barrie means for him to be. Thus, it is sooooo funny.

My friend Purl Fiddlesticks sent me a drop spindle for Christmas. Along with a book of instructions and starting materials. So we shall see how quickly I can become addicted to this new hobby. Good thing I like thick-thin wool as that is what nearly every beginner spinner creates.

Next month, I start my first KAL (Knit A-Long) it will also go hand-in-hand with the reading of Twelfth Night by Shakespeare. All knitted items will be inspired by the play. Cool, huh? In more knitting news, I am nearly done with the Younger Twin's Jacket. Still have to block the thing and maybe add some details.

Cable, despite finding some lye, is back to her normal, active self. She drank just a tad-bit Thursday while I was in Memphis. After a weekend of giving the kitten medicine, the Maternal Grandmother was glad I was home to give it for the remaining time. But I know Cable is doing great because today she has climbed the tree 5+ times, discovered a lamp-shade, and practiced jumping unto the dryer. The sweet thing.