Friday, October 19, 2007

soooo tired

The Modern Brit Novel class finally finished Joyce's Ulysses. Did I read all of the novel? No, but I did read the Companion piece and have every intention of reading it after I finish my thesis. My 17th century paper made an A. Kid Lit paper a B+ and potential (I like potential. I really do.) I talk with that prof on Tuesday morning to see where else I could take the topic.

While we're on the subject of school, the Younger Twin is starting to read. The Elder is working on wanting to learn; her basic attitude being 'why read when you can talk?'

I subbed a Special Ed classroom all day today. That just wipes me out, every time.

In other news, Puppy's kitten's name is Cable. We still do not know gender, but it is one live wire. And it passes many fleas to Puppy, who is at the moment being groomed. Fun.

What else is going on? Oh yes, birthday presents are starting to arrive. Thus far the DC family has sent:
Wullschlagner, Jackie. Inventing Wonderland. Free P, 2001. (now I must give my English Buddy KMB her copy back)
Markale, Jean. The Celts. Inter Traditions, 1993.
O'Donoghue, Heather. From Asgard to Valhalla. I. B. Tauris, 2007.

Cool, huh? I know JMBarrie is my favorite author right now, but I still love to study the Celts. Really glad to know they remembered that.