Saturday, February 03, 2007

Feb 3

Snow and ice cancelled just about everything yesterday. By noon everything was running again. While we did make snowmen, they were a brownish-orange from the pine needles, leaves, and dirt. The dogs enjoyed running around in the snow and eating it. It was too cold for me.

After lunch today, the family minus StepDad went to the zoo. Normally, we only see two or three animal exhibits but today we saw close to six plus two gift shops.

I finally finished birthday presents for Dad and StepMom. They will arrive late but not as late as I thought they would be. The Twins, with prompting from Mom, have talked me into knitting bags for their batons. The larger bag took me close to 4 hours in the past two days. But the good news is that some stash yarn has finally left my trunk. I swear, yarn goes into the trunk and refuses to move out.

I am going to work on my German, since tomorrow afternoon I will be up to my neck in studying. Sadly, the work I did last week to get ahead seems to have made no difference at all. There is less to read tomorrow, but since a presentation was moved up; all else has gone awry.