Sunday, November 30, 2008

this time of year

is not one of my favorite times of the year. Besides the over commercialized of the holiday itself, this is the first year of the copyright expiration of J. M. Barrie's Peter Pan. For those among us who have forgotten, JMB is my favorite author. I highly recommend any of his novels or non-Peter Pan plays.

standing in line at Toys R Us yesterday, I saw that once again, Disney has found a way to make a dollar. Aside from the horrible mis-telling of classic stories meant to scare children into obedience, the company now has a whole movie (plus merchandise) for Tinkerbell. Yes, I know they have had dolls, notepads, and stickers about her and her fairy friends. But when no movie came out and their craft line of the characters was in the sale's bin at Micheal's Craft Store, I'd rather thought they had scraped the idea. No. They have not.

and for some very odd reason, I am throughly angry about this. I do not see myself buying Disney in the near future.