Saturday, October 11, 2008

problems with the system

the new hours are going to work out perfectly. Sadly, I was not able to get much homework done today because the Library of Congress Subject Heading Authority Records website did not like the computers I was on. So, I caught up on my newspaper reading. And wow. I am so glad my stash is large enough to keep me knitting for awhile. Asia finally admitted that the financial crises has hit them too, which means the problem is very big and budgets everywhere are going to feel it.

but that is a tomorrow problem. Today's problem (other than my inability to spell) is that Beerfest is going on. For the first time in my not-so-long life span, I am living slightly off-campus in a wet county. (A dry county means no selling alcohol so something like Beerfest does not exist.)With this 'enlightend' experiance, I can safely say that I hope it ends soon. Not only did I have to suffer bad singing of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, as I walked Puppy, it means lots of sirens going past my apartment building. Lovely. Just lovely.