Tuesday, October 21, 2008

over

the elections are. At least for me, I mailed my absentee ballot yesterday. Therefore, all the politicians camped out trying to influence my vote can pack up and leave. This includes "McCain" and "Obama"bumper stickers, shirts, posters...all of it. Just put it away. This election has lasted over a year. Someone just count the votes already.

Good Lord willing, the local folks back home who I voted for will win and the idiots won't. I know, small and petty. Here the world is, watching the presidential race and I just don't want some folks on the city council. What will happen on the national level will happen. My one little vote is just one drop in the bucket. But back home, my vote is one of only a few thousand. I feel somehow that it counts for more on the little race. Votes count on the big race too (Florida 2000 anyone?), so everyone go vote (early or mail-in). Let the blasted thing be over already.