Sunday, May 18, 2008

not very long post

between work, Full-Blooded Sister in the hospital, and sleep, there hasn't been that much going on.

thankfully, my Sister is back home after spending almost five days in the hospital with a bladder infection.

I saw the second Narnia movie today. Considering I haven't read the book to this one (and only half of the first book), I thought it was a good movie. Even with the Imperialist overtones. I'm not a big fan of C.S. Lewis which is slightly odd considering my (current) favorite lit-movement is based or written in the Colonial Context (a big word that proves I actually paid attention in class). Oh well, can't like every author out there.

knitting wise, I remember why I don't like knitting socks. There is just no room on them to have fun on the kid sizes. Let's not even count the cast-ons and frogging that took place this weekend. Best forgotten, but to sum up: I have to follow a pattern. And all the sock for kids patterns go cuff down rather than toe-up. I thought to make my own...too much pain on my part. Maybe next year....