Friday, May 09, 2008

I am so glad

...that I decided not to become a professor. Better yet, I will never be a teacher. To all those among us who fulfill those jobs, I give you a standing ovation. Here in the States, it is teacher appreciation week. And after working at the local intermediate school (4th and 5th grade) for the past 4 days, I can truly say I admire the men and women who teach.

Wednesday was really exciting. My standing Wednesday job, answering phones, was canceled. This gave me no excuse why I shouldn't sub all day. I was emotionally fried at 3 of the clock, so I grabbed a hot fudge Sunday on my way to Stash. Debbie Macomber was signing copies of her new book, Twenty Wishes, at Burke's Bookstore and I was able to pick up a book for Mom. Afterwards, she and about 5 others walked the three blocks to Stash. Let me say, she was one of the nicest people I have had the pleasure to meet. I did not get my photo taken with her (no surprise to those who are acquainted with my disdain of photographic proof of my existence). It was cool. But more importantly, Mom was thrilled with the book. She is currently reading that series and will not let me start until she is finished. Something about wanting to read a book before me.

Yesterday, was long. Today was longer. The difference being, I worked last night at Stash. I was inspired to knit socks for the Twins. I know, I know, socks for kindergardeners. The Maternal Grandmother thinks leg warmers for dance class would be better. I'll think about it.