Tuesday, March 04, 2008

stupid clouds

I had the most perfect day in the whole wide world planned yesterday. Like, going to the bookstore and pick-up a new knitting magazine followed by knitting at the Botanical Gardens. The past 10 days have been tough, between pushing myself to finish Ch 3 and turn it in before the break and the normal stress of family drama and...well, you get the idea. I am worn thin and needed a day off. There was some overcast, but I thought the rain had a 4 o'clock appointment. Therefore, I started strolling along my favorite paths. Then the clouds did one of the following things:

  1. Lost their watch
  2. Forgot when they were suppose to rain
  3. Came really early, like 10 o'clock in the morning early
  4. Thought it would be great fun to ruin my day
However, there is a structure in the Japanese gardens where you can eat, sleep, chat, or wait out a storm. On the way to said shelter, it started to pour. Then thunder. I had to go home.

Needless to say, the rain made things a bit cooler. For the past few days prior to yesterday, the weather has been around 70 F (21 C). It is now 32 F (0 C). Cold enough to spit snow, yet not nearly enough to make it stick. No snow day for us. Ha! I am on Spring Break this week so it does not affect me.

One good thing did come out of yesterday's not-so-perfect day, I found a new knitting podcast. Sticks & String is by this Australian guy. Now normally, I do not care for a single person podcasts. In fact, I like the duets so much more. This proves to be the exception to prove the rule. Must be the accent.

What else is happening in life? Oh, new favorite song to add to the list of favorite songs. PBS was having a fund raiser last night featuring The High Kings of Dublin (no website that I could find). They sang, "Black Velvet Band" and I swear if they had performed "My Lagan Love" I would have made a pledged to get front row seats. The new song is about a girl "with diamond eyes" got him in trouble for stealing. Lovely vocals, after all it is a group off 4 tenors/high baritones. So what did I expect?