Sunday, March 23, 2008

2 things...

that happen every Spring. Finals are coming up. And the Maternal Grandmother has Spring Break. Compared to the latter, the former is so much better. Why? Because she turns the house upside down to clean and rearrange just about every room we have. It is worse than a 7 novel comprehensive essay exam when you've only read 4 of the books. At least you walk in knowing you need some serious BS skills. Here, you never know where things are going or when you'll be able to find the stuff you need to.

yesterday, when she started talking about moving more furniture pieces into my room, Puppy and I left. And Puppy had one big adventure. We went down to Mom's house where I played sister/knit. She played in Mom's backyard with that home's resident hyper-insane dog. When the dogs came in, they played with the Twins who took them for a walk in the front yard. Then Mom, the Twins, Puppy, and I went to give StepDad and crew lunch. I ate a sandwich while walking around the developing subdivision with Pup. From there, we all went to Mom's office where my dog was able to drink some pond water (she tells me it is so much better and does not compare with the nasty tap water I give her). Needless to say, Puppy slept very well last night.


Cable is making new friends, but does not want these cats to come over to play. The new house layout is cool in her opinion, great big empty boxes, scrap paper, and new places to climb and/or hide. Other than being really cute and active, nothing much has happened to her.

school is going to be interesting this week: get a topic for Shakespeare's big essay/paper, nail down a defense date (or have one), figure out when I can take a test proving if I ever got lost in the back vineyards of France I could communicate (if only on notebook paper), and finish my homework/readings for the week. Wow. That is one long sentence.

as far as knitting goes (oh come on, you were expecting this part sometime), I've actually run into a snag. My Full-Blooded Sister's gift is hurting my hands to knit. No, I am perfectly serious. I thought the problem was the double-knitting the sleeves, a new technique for me and well there is a learning curve at times. Hence (such a lovely word that is starting to fade away) I frogged what I had done. Still hurts, so I went up a needle size from a US size 8 to US size 9. No improvement. I don't get it. I mean, the Pooka evening gloves are on a US size 3 and they don't give me any pain. The Xylem shrug was on a US size 10 and 10.5, they did not hurt. I could try knitting looser and less often. Or I could say the knitting deities do not want me to finish it. Either way, I am adjusting the pattern and sleeping with an IcyHot treatment.

my friend the Pirate Librarian (no, she doesn't knit so don't try to find her on the Pirate Knitters Group on Ravelry) sent me some wonderful pictures of her vacation. Never had the desire to see the desert first hand before, still do not want to buy the ticket but am more interested in the possibility. I really should write her an email tomorrow. You know, when I am hiding from the house make-over.

in any event, this post should be long enough to make up for the lack of post recently. So, night ya'll. BTW-the Easter Bunny brought my "Carpe Lanam" (Latin: Seize the Wool) shirt from the Sticks & String podcast. Very cool.