Friday, July 21, 2006

Random First Thoughts

I am no longer the only person under 30 at the paper who does not have some sort of blog. Now, I have an excuse to run to the computer the moment I walk through the doors. Of course, this also means I’ll have to update this thing constantly. Ah well.

Last night, I went to the ballgame where I finished my step-mom’s Christmas present. A frilly wrap only took 7 hours (at the most). I know it’s early to start my Christmas knitting; but when one has 6 siblings, 4 parents, and 6 grandparents one has to start a little early. This list does not include all the friends and extended family members. Mom says I am much loved. My fingers say we need to start checking invitations at the door.

There is a list as long as my leg of all the things I need to do before grad school starts next month. Things like get a Student ID, parking sticker, talk to Financial Aid, and pick up a list a books I’ll need this fall. Good thing I’m looking forward towards this or it would be the death of me.

Helmut Lotti is singing ‘Vetscherni Zvon’ in my head; which is not always a bad thing. He has a beautiful voice, well worth the 1200+ miles I had to travel for the concert. Good thing Dad lives relatively close to one of Lotti’s concert stops. 2 birds, 1 stone and all that. It would have been 3 birds if I could have remembered to measure the step-siblings for their Christmas presents.

My bossy half-sister wants me to pick up some Chinese for her and her twin’s lunch. I probably will, however a ‘please’ would work wonders for my motivation.