Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Paper Day

It is Paper Day (the day we literally put the paper together and send it to the printers), the worst day of the week. It is also the only day of the week where I’m tempted to pickup smoking. Or drinking if the whiskey wouldn’t interfere with my proofing or meds.
Once again, it is lunchtime and the editor has not written her stories and the Yard of the Week pictures are not in grayscale. Ahhhh! This makes the 3rd Wednesday of this chaos and will probably be another 12-hour day without a lunch break.
I’m plugged into my Shuffle, which helps the day go by just a little easier. Wait, how did Matchbox 20, Reba, Helmut Lotti, Mozart, 3 Doors Down, and some classic pop covers all end up on the same playlist? Oh yeah, Autofill. I have no idea why I continue to just let the computer pick what I listen to. At least, today won’t be boring music wise.