Monday, December 22, 2008

so ready

for the holidays to be over already. But you hear that from everyone, with Christmas Eve so close at hand.

actually, I want to open presents under the tree. Are there many shinning presents under the tree at your house? All the big ones over here are not marked for me but for The Twins. I swear, if Christmas (as a commercialized entity) wasn't for the kids, I would be very jealous. Somehow I doubt wither Christ cares what day we celebrate his birth, just so long as the culture does actually remember the event and not use it as a way to pad the economy. All the comic strips over the past week or so have harped that "Merry Christmas" has been substituted by a more politically correct "Happy Winter Soloists." So, I vote next year we celebrate an even more pagan holiday than this one and everyone go to Church where we hear God loves us.

again, I am probably behind on that rant as well. Getting wrapped up in the holidays does that to a person.

and for the first time in 3(ish) years, I broke a self-imposed rule. No knitting Christmas after December 19. I've spent the past week furiously knitting (off and on) a unicorn for the Younger Twin half-sister. I never thought the blasted thing would get finished. Now, I can go back to knitting for me. And believe me, I am. I plan to finish a steeking vest for me next week as a way to destress everything.

I have to say, the unicorn is cute. At a distance.