Thursday, December 18, 2008

Puppy

I miss being in college. I have a good thing going there. Get the person up at for a walk, breakfast of eggs and toast, and back to bed. Another walk before the person leaves for the day followed by a belly rub. Back to bed. A walk when my person gets home, a nice meal, another walk, more belly rubs, back to bed.

This does not happen when we are in Arkansas. Nope. No eggs and toast for breakfast. Fewer walks, though I do get more belly rubs if I look sad enough. Then there are these two little girls who think running around screaming is the best thing ever. Appearently my person does not walk them enough.

And because there is a tree in the living room, my person is knitting frantically. Normally, this is a very good thing. She knits and I sleep beside her. Every now and then, I can trick her into making food or going for walks. All I have to do is start helping her knit, then she is putty in my paws. Dogs of the world, take note! When your person is knitting too much, start eye-ing their yarn and smelling it. That should work. If not, gently place a paw on their needles. That always gets their attention. Trust me.

Well, it's been lovely chatting and all but it is time to back to bed.