Friday, September 26, 2008

the Pig Bear

it was suppose to be a hot pink polar bear. If my family wanted a white polar bear, it would buy one. I was knitting it and let the Elder Twin pick out the color. True for any 6 year-old girl in a yarn shop full of colors and textures, she found hot pink acrylic and fell in love with it.

what does one get when making a polar bear in hot pink? A pig-like animal.



I am glad the Yarn Haven carries the same line and color or I would have had to import more yarn from Stash in Memphis. Normally, I would have anyways. But with the Younger Twins' impending surgery, I wanted to ship the doll off ASAP. And anyone with siblings knows one does not send one gift without something for the other as well. Hence, a quick stop to a LYS here in town.

all I want at this point is for her to like it.