Tuesday, July 29, 2008

cliche

you know the one about "not the heat, the humidity." Yeah, that one. My lungs are in complete agreement with it. Funny, when I was little I loved the muggy air. Not so much anymore. I hope Knoxville doesn't have this problem.

Mom, The Twins, and I are off to the Pink Palace Museum this afternoon to catch an IMax film and then a Planetarium show. It's been awhile since I've been to the Planetarium, my favorite part of any museum. The standard show when I was in elementary school was the one that outlined the major constellations and a synopsis of the myth behind the name. Our chairs would lean back, and it felt like we were really looking up at the sky (only we could actually see the stars). This was long before we had ever heard of the IMax and Jim Hanson's The Labyrinth was the movie with the coolest special effects ever. No wonder the Planetarium was the greatest thing ever. Kinda explains my fascination with mythology that has continued to this day.