Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tabula Rasa

for those among us who are a little rusty in their Latin, it means "clean slate." Usually, this refers to a child, especially one starting school. Their minds are literally a blank page to be filled with knowledge by teachers.

in my case, Tabula Rasa means my jumpdrive broke today. Thankfully, it was after my Power Point presentation on Ophelia. It contained every paper I have written since my High School Senior English paper and all the horrible poetry every teenager writes. All of it, gone. Tabula rasa.

I know, I know. I should have backed everything up at least five times. Next time I will.

thankfully, my thesis is turned in. An extra copy on the correct paper is in my car, as is a copy in the cheap, mass-purchased paper. Because the most up to date draft was on the jumpdrive. My Shakespeare paper is not due until next week, so that's no big. I need to start at the bottom again anyways.

oh, my car. Funny thing about that. It died again. Not even a week after a new battery. Mommy had to take me to school. The Maternal Grandfather picked me up, but did not take me to my LYS.

obviously, this was not a good day.