Thursday, April 10, 2008

it finally happened

...I caught myself looking at sock yarn and thinking, "That would be pretty on my foot." Then, I flipped through the recent issue of Simply Knitting (it's a UK published mag) and there was a pattern for a toe-up sock on four double-point needles (dpn). My first thought, "Ooooo. I wonder what it would look like in green."

sure, I've knit up socks before (4 pairs) and I'm working on the 5th pair now. But they've all been knit for my Maternal Grandmother. I have smaller feet, and would be promoted to carry a sock project around if it were mine....There I go again! New subject.

I should be able to finish up my Pooka Gloves today. And, I finally cast on the second sleeve of my Lent project. I've also come to the conclusion that Lent 2009 will be charity knitting.

in other news, I take a French test (to complete yet another piece of paper that will get me a degree. Strangely enough, a degree is a piece of paper) on Monday. Then present on Hamlet on Wed. Visit doctor on Thursday. And work every morning either at the Public School as an unbiased adult for yearly exams or as a receptionist. Fun stuff.

needless to say, I am running away this weekend. Haven't done that in ages. Well, at least not since early in the semester. Warning to all future Grad Students: Thesis suck the life out of you.