Monday, June 02, 2008

Warning: Mostly Knitting Content

you have been warned.

I feel a little "not-in-charge" today, so you get to listen to me rant and rave about knitting.

first up:



I finished the Fish Washcloths yesterday(-ish). Take that off the WIP list.

secondly:




Clown Sock number one is finished. To avoid SSS, I'm taking a break from this one. I love the way the yarn feels knit up, but the colors...not so great. Everyone says they like them, but I'm undecided. The pattern is cool, I like what it does for the sock. Maybe it would look better in a solid color.

and last is:



I threw a pair of cotton socks OTN. I figure I need to knit something up for my Full-Blooded Sister, since I abandoned the cardigan she wanted. Hope she likes this, but wish I had just bought her a gift card to somewhere.


And, as I was bored watching Wheel of Fortune, I poked about the people on Ravelry. They are highlighting some Nordic Knitters. Why God, did you not make me from a Nordic Country? Their projects are unbelievable and their stitches! Good stars, I now have a knitting ambition. See what I mean? Mustaa villaa and Heidi's knitbits are just two of the many, many talented knitters from that corner of the world. Though I cannot read Vestanposturinn's blog, the pictures are outstanding, check her out on Ravelry as HarpaJ to see her knitting projects. Trust me, this is just a very small portion of them. In fact, I am off to admire some more.