Sunday, June 08, 2008

1st day of school

is tomorrow, for those among us in summer school. I am looking forward to the big jump, get the first day out of the way and the mental battle is half over (the other half is the finial).

I finished Alan Alda's most current book, Things I Overhear While Talking to Myself on my Kindle. Had I known it was a collection of his thoughts on some of his speeches, I probably would have waited abit. After all, why would I want a book that is essentially a commencement speech when I barely listened to the last one I heard a month ago? That being said, I did enjoy the read. More than I enjoyed Neil Gaiman's Stardust. Did not see that one coming.

Hopefully, I can finish Anthony Trollope's He Knew He Was Right by the middle of next month. I have no clue as to how long this text is, there isn't a "Table of Content" page on my Kindle for it. Then I can start on Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini) or Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett).

Knitting wise...well, give me a day or two, I want to surprise you (and myself).